December 2022 Newsletter
I trust the end of the year activities and recruitment processes are going well for you and your community. I also hope that your end of year community celebration events go well too.
In this newsletter you will be able to see many of the meetings and functions that CaSPA and its Board have been involved in. The inaugural meeting of the ACPPA and CaSPA Boards was a true delight to formalise our collaboration for the benefit of all Catholic Principals in Australia. The fruits of our discussions can be seen in the relevant article.
In addition, it was wonderful to connect with Principals Australia Research Foundation (PARF) Chair, Dennis Yarrington. The PARF offers CaSPA a wonderful, funded opportunity to engage in serious research to benefit our members in the future.
Recently you would have received an email containing a Broadcast link to the Coalition of Australian Principals (CAP) initiated project delivered by SchoolTV. The video discusses the perspectives of Principals from the three sectors and could be a valuable resource to use with your Leadership Team.
In the last month CaSPA has also been writing to the Minister for Education regarding the Teacher Workforce Action Plan. CaSPA met with NCEC and contributed to the national response too. CaSPA has also written to the Minister for Home Affairs about the needs of Asylum Seekers. Please see the letters in this newsletter.
Lastly, it is my pleasure to remind you that CaSPA is ready for the Special General Meeting on 8 December 2022 to approve a new Constitution for the association. As outlined previously, there will not be any substantial governance changes but the Board decided earlier this year that it was time to update the language and concepts to be contemporary. This will also ensure being compliant with ASIC requirements. The updated version will also enable CaSPA to continue its status as a Charity with the ATO.
In conclusion on behalf of the CaSPA Board, I would like to wish all retiring Principals the very best in their new phase of life and thank them for their wonderful commitment to Catholic Education. I also extend good wishes to those Principals changing schools or roles.
I wish you and your communities a upcoming wonderful break and a very happy and holy Christmas with family and friends .
Blessings to all
Ann Rebgetz - President
- Meeting with Australian Secondary Principals Association in Adelaide.
- Meeting planned with NCEC related to the National teacher Workforce Action Plan.
- Meeting with Athas concepts to commence publication version of the CaSPA Strategic Plan 2023 – 25.
- CaSPA Response sent to Minister for Education regarding National Teacher Workforce Action Plan.
- Meetings with Athas Concepts re website. New work and website upgrade to commence in 2023.
- CaSPA Partnership Opportunities document updated and contracts sent to current partners for 2023 / 24.
- CaSPA Board Meeting with Regional education Commissioner, Fiona Nash, booked for 8 December.
- Meeting with Australian Catholic Primary Principals Association (ACPPA) meeting in Canberra. Please see the details of the meeting discussions in the related article in the newsletter.
- Principal Australia Research Foundation (PARF) – meeting with Dennis Yarrington to discuss future funding from PARF for CaSPA research.
- Continuing liaison with Miriam Rose (Northern Territory) to create the First Nations artwork commissioned by CaSPA.
- CaSPA Strategic Plan 2023 – 25 approved by the Board and is now being prepared for publishing.
- Board Zoom Meeting held on 10 November.
- Meeting with Dennis Yarrington regarding Principals Australia Research Foundation opportunity for research funding in the future.
- CaSPA Special General Meeting confirmed for 8 December to approve the new CaSPA Constitution drafted by Russell Kennedy Lawyers.
- CaSPA Meeting Calendar for 2023 being drafted to link in with NCEC and ACPPA.
- As a member of the Coalition of Australian Principals (CAP), CaSPA liaised with School TV’s media production with Dr Michael Carr-Gregg and current Principals form the 3 sectors of education in Australia. Video has been released and please see link in the president’s Message.
- ACPPA & CaSPA Dinner – A social evening enjoyed by the members of both Associations.
Profiles of all the CaSPA Board are available on the CaSPA Website: https://caspa.schoolzineplus.com/current-and-past-board-members
Join us for the first edition of the Principal Perspectives Interview Series.Hosted by Dr Michael Carr-Gregg. ‘The future of education and the role of school heads in the years ahead’ reveals incredible insight into how colleagues in leadership are dealing with the ongoing impact Covid, navigating leadership post pandemic and ways in which they are supporting their staff.