September 2022 Newsletter
I hope Term 3 is going well for you and your community. At this time of teacher shortages, I am sure we will all find the upcoming recruitment stage of the year a real challenge. I hope things will go well for you during the processes internally and externally.
CaSPA has recently been in consultation with NCEC, AITSL and The Department for Education in regard to the teacher shortage, Principal and Staff wellbeing and Initial Teacher Education (ITE). In addition, the Coalition of Australian Principals (CAP) have been attempting to organise a meeting with Minister Clare to discuss these issues from a practitioner perspective. CaSPA believes that it is essential for the Minister hears the views of Principals working in schools in developing future education policies.
Recently CaSPA launched its Social Action and Professional Learning Scholarship Funding for 2023. Please find the Application Forms in this Newsletter. More detail is available on the CaSPA Website if needed. https://caspa.schoolzineplus.com/introduction
Best wishes for the remainder of Term 3.
Blessings to all
Ann Rebgetz - President
- Ongoing promotion of ACP Connect App and Website - https://acpconnect.com.au/
- Finalised the agreement with Australian Catholic University (ACU) to confirm partnership with CaSPA to support the Australian Principal Health and Wellbeing research during 2022.
- Online meeting with Neil Carrington to prepare for the 2023 – 2025 CaSPA Strategic Planning Day on 1 September.
- Email from Jason Clare as the new Minister for Education.
- Follow up email sent to Minister Clare’s Office requesting a meeting with the Coalition of Australian Principals (CAP) later this year. No response at this point.
- Online Meeting with International Confederation of Principals (ICP) Regional Council meeting in Singapore this September. Planning for the 2023 ICP Conference has commenced.
- Award Winners information sent to Diocesan Directors around Australia.
- 22 August - Meeting with Catholic Education Stakeholders Forum (CESF) members, which includes NCEC, ACPPA and CSPA.
- Conference feedback survey sent to delegates. Results have been received and passed on to the 2024 Conference organisers.
- Continuing liaison with Miriam Rose (Northern Territory) to create the First Nations artwork commissioned by CaSPA.
- Board Meeting held on 1 & 2 September in Melbourne. New Strategic Plan to be developed with Neil Carrington and meeting with Mark Grant (AITSL).
- Letter to ACBC regarding the Plenary Council outcomes. The letter was drafted in response to the unanimous motion from the Combined Meeting with the 8 State and Territory Associations in July 2022.
- CaSPA AGM to be held on 2 September. New Constitution and Operations Manual to be considered.
Profiles of all the CaSPA Board are available on the CaSPA Website: https://caspa.schoolzineplus.com/current-and-past-board-members
Australian Research Council Discovery Project
Digital technologies are changing the way teachers do their work and learn as they work.
But not much is known about this.
We want to find out how you learn as you work. We invite you to complete an anonymous online survey (10-15mins of your time).
Your responses are important to us!