The CaSPA Board on behalf of the Association are keen to promote excellence in Catholic Secondary Education and to recognise those who exhibit this in their schools and networks. As such the Board has an Awards Ceremony as part of the Biennial National Conference where the Awards are made.
Excellence in Leadership
To recognise the Principal who has demonstrated high levels of Leadership across a broad range of areas
Meritorious Service Award
For those Catholic Secondary Principals who have completed a significant number of years as a principal or as an office bearer at the jurisdiction or National Level
- Those in the 15th, 20th and 25th year of service will be recognised at the Conference with those in the 25th year receiving an award
- The term as office bearer should be 12 years as either an office holder [President, Secretary, Treasurer or equivalent] on a jurisdiction or CaSPA Director . The time does not need to be in consecutive years and may include concurrent years at the jurisdiction and national level.
General Eligibility for All Awards
- The nominee must be a serving Principal in a Catholic Secondary School in Australia
- An exception to this applies in the case where a past CaSPA Board Member, who was ineligible for nomination while serving as a Director, will be eligible for nomination at the Award ceremony immediately following their resignation as a Director even if they are no longer serving as a Principal.
- The nominee must be registered for the Conference where the Award is to be made
Leadership Excellence Scholarship
CaSPA provides a scholarship to the value of $5000 annually for a current principal